Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Magic Elevator

So I have been working hard for a few months on some upcoming big projects. One of them for WGN tv to help promote the 10th annual "Nothin Up My Sleeve" show where I will be making a appearance with the great Wizzo. Also known as "Marshall Brodien Jr." Raue Center FOR THE ARTS in Crystal Lake, Il April 21 @ 3:00 pm A special appearance by the famous  Wizzo from Bozo Circus. Now Wizzo son “The Son Of Wizzo” is filling the turban.
26 N Williams Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
P:815.356.9212 | F: 815.459.2965



The project I'm working on is a prop for another magician, the "NerdGician" it is a shadow elevator where you seem to come up from the floor. Their is a light that shines through the elevator making a shadow. it's not necessarily a illusion, but rather a special effect. Lately my Imaginator character has taken somewhat of a break. My brain gets inundated with so many ideas that i just get tired of thinking.
Sometimes I get a little down with the ADD. Not to make a sappy story, "woa is me thing". In fact their are many peoplr that have it much worse. I just wish that it would just go away, wish that my mind would just stop racing, wishing I could just focus on one thing. 

Wishing people would understand. I was having a conversation with a friend the other day explaining my frustration on how hard it is sometimes of having such a creative mind, but at the same time feeling like your just making it with things, because I have this small ADD problem that makes it hard sometimes to convey, or make people understand my magic, ideas of my character, causing sometimes some not so positive response, because it's just so far out of their thinking that they don't even know how to act or respond. Going to 8 different schools in my life it was difficult to settle and make friends. My friend responded with this  "you are the most gifted person I have ever known. Every second your brain is processing things. You are truly gifted. The reason why your having such a hard time is because you never really had the support to harness your gift." "You are gifted and you should of went to a gifted school." 

I never had anyone say that. I always thought that gifted meant that you were supper smart at math, science or reading, but it turns out that they actually have gifted schools for talent, kids that are autistic and that sort of thing. well that kind of made my day and lifted up my spirits. even though my goal with the Imaginator is to promote Imagination, creativity and positive messages doesn't mean that once in awhile I don't need a little lift. Just like a elevator. I think I'll get my mind busy and start building some more. By the way the elevator is in somewhat beta mode, but really it's supposed to look cheap, like it was just thrown together. I'll post a video when done.


No comments: