Blog Archive

Monday, August 3, 2015

McBride Magic Mystery School makes a "MASTER Of THIMBLES"

Today I'll be leaving to go to Indiana to perform at Taylor Martin's "Indy Magic Monthly" at the "Theater on the square" http://tots.org/
I'll be performing my "Master of Thimbles" show. I have been working on my thimble routine for over 5 years now. The material is all original. In the past  I have had so many manipulation moves and routines that it was  difficult to decide on what material to piece together for my show. In March I had the honor of attending Jeff McBride's "Magic Mystery school" One of the most prestigious magic schools in the world.  


I had received a scholarship to attend the "Harry Potter School Of Magic" It was a life changing moment for me. On the first day of school I was able to perform my entire routine for Jeff McBride and the "Magic Mystery School" faculty. After my act, the faculty as well as the students critiqued and commented on my act. Overall I received some great response and feedback.

It was like finding a treasure. I took all those comments, feedback, suggestions and recommendations of what works and what doesn't. I used all those tools and immediately started making changes to my act. My act was like night and day compared to what it did look like. For me I think it will always be an ongoing improvement until I get it to the level of competing for FISM which is my DREAM.


The "Magic Mystery School" has helped me out so much that I want to take any opportunity I can to promote the school. I saw intimidate results with my performance in only a short time after attending the school. The trick is to take all the advice and apply it to yourself. If you just listen and don't apply their expertise, you will not improve on your art.

This will be my second year attending "Indy Magic Monthly" last year in 2014, I performed my thimble act and I will be performing it again this year for the first time at Indy since attending the
"McBride Mystery School" I have tweaked, added changes as well as some new material to my act that I'm excited to perform. 


After performing in Indianapolis, I will next take a road trip to Colon Michigan for the "Abbott's Get Together"  There I will compete again for the 3rd year in a row and hopefully improving on my act. I just love the energy of competing in magic competitions. Is so nice to be backstage with so many other talented magicians. The stage crew and sound people really go out of their way to help out and make your performance the best it can be. The judging notes are so helpful with giving you feedback and helping you improve on your act. This year I will also be taking my son along with.

He is so excited. I decided to rough it out and make a camping trip out of the, almost week long gathering.



After Abbot's, I have a week off and then off to Las Vegas where I will be performing at Jeff McBride's "Wonderground" Several years ago when I first discovered the "Wonderground" it seemed way out of my league and reach, yet I had a goal and dream that I would one day perform there.

Now here I am 7 years latter, performing for the first time at the "Wonderground" I guess I can now take this off my bucket list. One of the main reasons I'm looking forward to meeting and seeing so many familiar faces as well as new ones at "Wonderground" It's such a high impact energy place.


This will be such a great opportunity for me and I hope it opens many other opportunities. I can't wait to start making my first "Thimble Manipulation DVD"

I hope to maybe see some of my friends and visitors that have been visiting this blog.
Have a great day!
-Imaginator-

No comments: