Blog Archive

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Some new Thimble moves


So for the few years or so, probably more like 15 years. I've been studying the art of thimble magic. Why out of all things thimbles? Well it all started, like I said about 15 years ago. I was trying to find my way in magic like a lot of us magicians. I tried doing magic with cards, rope, coins, but I just wasn't feeling the LOVE! And frankly the only thing I was good at with money is making it disappear.

Then one day as I was going through my magic library. I came across a unopened dvd of

"Jeff McBride's World Class Manipulation - Volume 1 - DVD" http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1955






 I was immediately sucked in. Jeff was doing so unbelievable manipulations with thimbles. I knew right there and then that this was what I wanted to do. I started seeking out every book, article, dvd, even vhs tape on thimble magic. I studied all the different aspects, moves and techniques. I've even came up with a few of my own original moves.

My other influences are Shoot Ogawa  and Joe Mogar



 Many magicians told me that I'm wasting my time with thimbles, that the audience can't see them. I didn't care because when you're passionate about something you love. You don't stop. You do it because you love it. You do it because you're good at it and it makes you happy. Some of the moves I created have taken me five years to perfect.
 I'm constantly thinking of different and creative ways to introduce thimbles into my magic.
I will be performing my original thimble routine "Master Of Thimbles" at the "Wonderground" on August 20th, 2015. http://vegaswonderground.com/
I hope to see you there.














No comments: