Blog Archive

Monday, April 23, 2012

Is my Butterfly good luck or a Omen?

Well I had a pretty good week. Friday I performed at my regular gig, Barnaby's pizza.
It's been a 17 year run performing close- up magic at the tables. I had a chance to test out my "Butterfly in a box" right at their table only about a foot away. One girl said "Oh a butterfly! how are you doing that.? I really like the fact that you can do this close-up. The rest of the weekend I was rehearsing for a magic competition practicing my lines as well as sewing some customized pockets on my jacket which I will also be selling in my line of magic. I call it "The pocket pal." I know it sounds wrong. Maybe I should work on a new name. Anyway, it will be able to hold all of your great close up effects. Cups, balls, cards, jumbo coins, bla! bla! bla! anyway let me speed it up a little so I don't go to far away from the title of this post. "Is the Butterfly good luck or a Omen?" Today I was driving and within a hour span I had 3 butterflies run into my vehicle.
I think they were all okay because I didn't see any butterfly parts on my car. Good thing. I would feel terrible. Than later on in the day I was on my way to do a show. I was in a building with these humongous windows and the one window out of  all the 10 lined up, I look at the one that had a butterfly flying by. I started thinking either thus is a weird coincidence with all the other butterfly events that happened earlier or am I just more open and sensitive to seeing them since I started working on this effect? I don't know. I was at the same building that I was several weeks ago doing a show where I decided to show the "Butterfly ina box" to a cook working in the back kitchen. He loved it. Now every time he sees me he says "where da buter fly?" I can't help to smile. It's amazing what a magic effect can do to people as far as making a connection. I'm not just talking about my magic effect either, but many others. Thanks "Darwin Ortiz strong magic" for the good read and knowledge. So that was my butterfly day. A day themed of butterflies. Later on after work I came home. I went to the kitchen where I usually meet my wife for a greeting kiss and a talk about the day. I told her about the strange events that happened to me in regard of the butterflies. Not even hardly finishing the word butterfly I noticed on the corner of my eye my wife holding a piece of paper she just peeled away form the refrigerator magnet. It was a 8x11 beautifully colored butterfly that my son made at school. A smile came across my face. It was a smile of reassurance. Reassurance that the butterflies that flew into my car are all okay and that I'm going in the right direction with my effect. "Butterfly in a box." So far putting this effect together all the way from idea, concept, advice, research, effect instructions, artwork, video tutorial, distributors, negotiations, effect people testing and on and on has been such a great experience. It has helped me grow. I hope to one day share the knowledge of future magic inventors just to help out and make the process a little more easier. Thanks again to all following my "Butterfly in a box" experience. Please feel free to comment or join my blog. USE YOUR IMAGINATION! Mark Presley AKA: IMAGINATOR

No comments: