Blog Archive

Monday, January 14, 2013

Magic for a Cause and the SECRET USSM

Butterfly in a Box by Mark Presley www.Murphysmagic.com
 
This week I will be giving the "Butterfly in a Box" a rest as I pack up my filming gear and head on over to Berwyn, Il. Yes I said it Berwyn.. Home of Svengoolie.  www.svengoolie.com  


I will be filming the "Believe In Magic II" that is produced by Paul Lee & and Co. I love filming magic. I think that because I'm a magician myself I'm able to hone in on the important areas in a show where laymen camera men may miss. 



My first filming of a live magic show was around 2010 for the "Nothin Up My Sleeve" show produced by Glenn Chelius and Nino Cruz. The show has been running since 2002 and they have had some well known magicians such as Arthur Trace, Ken Mate, Marshall Brodien, Paul Lee,  Mark Presley and Benjamin Barnes. 


 "Nothin' My Sleeve" trailer. Filmed, Edited and Produced By Mark Presley

I'm so glad to be asked  to do the filming this year for "Nothin Up My Sleeve" at the Rau Center For the Arts in Crystal Lake, Il along with a new show that I will be filming, editing and producing "Believe In Magic II" I'm very excited to be filming not only a new magic show, but a new venue as well. I think one of the reasons this show is special is because it's a benefit show for Down Syndorme children. I think it's so great for Paul Lee to share his gift to help other people. 

 
There's so many magicians doing great things. I personally don't think they get recognized for their work enough. That's what it's all about. Sharing Gods gifts that he gives us so that we can inspire and motivate others to do the same. We when all work together and share and combine our talent it conducts an overwhelming amount of positive energy that absorbs into our spirit and seeps out into others. Once you start doing that and not being afraid you will see what I'm talking about. It's not about competing our trying to show everyone how great you are. It's about showing everyone how GREAT THEY ARE!


 One of the things I'm very excited about the "Believe In Magic" show is to see Trent Rivas work his "Zombie Ball" Trent is a upcoming and 

inspiring magician that you will definitely start hearing more about. That's all I can say. Shhh! At a very young age, about the age of 6 or younger he had a stroke which resulted in loosing apart of his ability to think and reason. For many years he would just sit and watch TV. One day a magic show came on and he was immediately sucked in. His mom and dad saw how he had an interest in magic and started taking him to  PJ's Trick shop.  One of the best magic shops in Chicago. Some great magicians have came from that shop. Arthur Trace, Kevin Mate and the awesome manipulation and creativity of  Bill Cook.  I love his ipod act. 

Very amazing. There is another famous magician that came from PJ"s, but I won't mention him because whenever someone mentions his name on a blog, website or social netowork he gets upset. Even if it good so out if respect I won't credit him.
Well I have to wrap up my article here. 

I'm planning something very unusual and different soon that I will be sharing here so please visit here often. I'm not sure when it will be, but I will try to give you plenty of warning so you can see it. This project is part of the reason that I kind of went into hiding.  Especially from the social networks so I can focus. If you visit my blog often please let me know you were here by making a comment. Whether you hate, like or dislike my work is all good. By the way a little shout out to the 


"USSM" "Underground Secret Society of Magicians" thanks for your interest. Yes! their is a "USSM" Opps! it's not secret now!  lol. Actually I altered the name so they won't know I'm on to them, who they are and what they do. Tell DC and his people I said hi and thanks to the rest of you in the "USSM" underground for following my work. 



Well I have to got now. 
-ImaGinator-
Now here is a write up of the producer of the show for  "Believe In Magic II" Paul Lee
 Here is a write up   January 19th 2013,

Paul Lee discovered his talent for magic after receiving a magic kit for Christmas when he was 10. His parents encouraged his interest, taking him to magic shops and a magic convention, and he realized he had found his calling. He has been a professional magician for over 35 years. He was the Ringmaster for the Franzen Brothers Circus for 4 years, and he also headlined his own show at the Riverview Park and Waterworld in the Wisconsin Dells. Now he maintains a busy performance schedule in the Chicago area, doing over 300 shows per year. He performs at family, birthday, and holiday parties, schools, restaurants, and corporate events. In 2010, CBS Chicago put him at the top of their list of Best Local Magicians in Chicago . For more information, go to www.PaulLeeMagic.com.

In 2007, Paul Lee ’s niece, Teagan, was born with Down syndrome. He had long done benefits for charitable organizations, such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Starlight Foundation, but after Teagan’s birth, he was motivated to help organizations serving people with Down syndrome. At a birthday party where he was performing, he met NADS Board Member Anne Reinertson, who was present because she had been serving as the parent support volunteer for the family hosting the party. That connection was the start of a collaboration with NADS that culminated in the successful NADS Magic Show last year.

We are very grateful that Paul Lee has once again generously agreed to donate his time and talent for our 2nd Annual Magic Show. Like last year, this year’s event will also feature special guests Chezaday, Bobby Hunt (aka Circus Boy), Trent Rivas, Ken Mate and his wife Terri, as well as Chuck Field and others. In addition to the magic show, the afternoon will include a juggler, a ventriloquist, magic performances by strolling magicians Anthony Stockton and Plaz Garcia, face painting by Melody Pekarek, and the artwork of Mike from Dragon Design. We hope you will join us!


No comments: