Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

IMAGINATOR - UNDERGROUND- CONNECTING THE DOTS III


I haven't heard form him in about two years. His name is Duncan. He is quite unusual, eccentric and smart. I met Duncan back in November 25th 2010 when I was working the "Chicago Thanksgiving Parade" I was contacted by the city of Chicago and was asked if I could make a appearance in the parade and help promote "Anti Bullying" using my customized interchangeable wings. It was a terrible cold day, but the crowd was huge. It was my first public appearance. People were cheering as I was walking down the street. It truly felt spiritual.

 I would stop every now and then and do some magic, get some photo opps and move on. I felt like I was in a movie where there was a bunch of pauperizes coming at me. During pretty much the whole duration on the parade I felt like someone was following me. Do you ever get that feeling? Well it turned out that I was right. I was finishing up the parade and I went down to the subway to go home.

That's when I saw the man again. The same man that was shooting his camera at me left and right. He was following me pretty much during the whole parade. I didn't really think much of it but the feeling of being followed finally came together. The man in the "Members Only" jacket stepped toward me and yelled through the wind of  a train  going by and said "Hi! I'm Duncan. Where have you been? we have been waiting." I had know idea what he was talking about. He said "You're a superhero! a real superhero? as he was saying this he slowly unzipped his jacket to reveal a superman t-shirt. "I love superheros. I'm a superhero buff. I know everything about them. Their strengths, weaknesses, where they live." I really didn't know how to react or what to say, but I knew that I felt extremely uncomfortable and wanted to get away. I said "oh that's cool, but I have to get on the train or I'll be late." as the doors opened on the train Duncan managed to squeeze his hand through the doors before the doors closed and through on the floor a polaroid photo of me in the parade attached to the photo said

"Underground" That's it? "Underground" I thought to myself "Okay......." what the heck was that about and who the hell carries a Polaroid camera?
The doors shut and I was sitting there perplexed.

I got home and did the usual things I did when I was at home, be with the family, play with my son and practice magic with the little time left before bed. Several weeks went by and I forgot about the strange man Duncan. I started working on some material for my character the "Imaginator" when the doorbell rang. I answered the door and there was a man standing there holding a pizza. I said "Can I help you?" the pizza man said "Ah.. ya, um you ordered a pizza," No I didn't, hey homey did you order a pizza? "no!" replied my wife. "Well someone did and it's paid for" I said, "Paid for?" Yes!, said the pizza man. He left and I was standing there holding a pizza. Since we didn't eat yet I figured What the heck! lets eat some pizza. We all sat down to eat and when I opened the box the first thing I noticed was a card on top of the pizza that said "Underground" Immediately made the connection of the same card I saw several weeks ago from the man I met at the parade. Several seconds later the phone rings. I answered and the voice said "Hi the is Duncan, Are you enjoying the pizza?" he hung up and that was that. My wife looked worried and concerned so I told her about the strange man I met at the parade a few weeks ago and that he was the one that sent the pizza over,

My wife and I decided that due to the strange circumstances we thought it would be best to skip the pizza a maybe eat out somewhere. We felt uncomfortable eating the pizza that could of been tampered by some psycho path. All through the nite I had trouble thinking. I couldn't sleep. I kept trying to make sense of this Duncan man and what the "Underground Card"meant.







No comments: