Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

IMAGINATOR- WE ARE ALL CONNECTED



I had a great time at the "Chicago Kids Expo" March 9, 10th 2013 http://www.chicagokidsexpo.com/
 The Imaginator was a BIG hit. I was working the trade booth representing faces4.org
who are advocates for speeding and driving safety.
This year was even more a successes than last year as I was more comfortable as ever in my Imaginator costume. I added some new lights to the Imaginator Utility Belt as well as the Back Plate.
I had a little mishap with my battery pack that powers the lights. Their seemed to be a short in the wiring and in the middle of me performing I started smoking. Literally! It wasn't to bad though.

I started smelling that terrible smell that emits when electrical starts burning. That was enough for me to look down at my battery and pull the wires to disconnect the bad connection.  Thank good it didn't get bad. That's all I need is for someone at the expo to get video footage of the Imaginator on wire. Hey! I could of been a youtube viral sensation.

This year I added some new material that I thought would seem fit for the Imagionator. I incorporated the new effect "Smoke by Alan Rorrison into a cool visual effect. I love this utility. You should go and buy one. It's great. Some of the other effects was rings, flexible mirror, sword through neck, the new "Spike' trick-Russian Roulette,  and a new effect that I literally made up at the expo called "Atomic Orb."

A few booths away form me was Dave Marcus. He does some wonderful magic and animal balloons. He made a awesome Harley Davidson motorcycle that you were aloud to sit on to get photo opps. Check out Dave's website at http://davemarcusmagic.com/


 Overall my Imaginator performance went great. I even got some leads for a fest and some other expos.
There is nothing like doing what you love.
Imaginator

No comments: