Blog Archive

Monday, May 6, 2013

Butterfly in a Box- NEW MOVE I MADE

I was practicing around with my butterfly the other day and came up with a new move. At this performance it was the first time performing it. The move comes in right after I make the butterfly vanish. I haven't thought of a name for that move yet. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe "Flight-Reunite"
His the new video. Check it out.







Here is another one of my trademark routines called "Mothers old sewing box" 

 
You might be starting to think that I have a thing for boxes. In this routine I'm performing with thimbles. I just love thimbles. I think it's a art that you don't see quite often. Many argue that when you pull out a thimble that people are like "What's that?" I disagree. At the restaurant I've been doing magic at for over 19years. I've done this routine. I do a talking version, not to music. I always squeeze in a question in the very beginning of the routine. I simply ask them "Do you know what this is?" Surprisingly I have a lot of children as young as nine years old explain to me what a thimble is. And if they don;t know? well there is nothing wrong with educating them on a little history. Who says our art can't be educational.

Why throw away some classic magic because you think people don't know what thimbles are? I'm thinking of one day coming out with my own line of thimbles. I just wish I knew someone in the machine-tool and die business. Maybe I'll just come out with a instructional video packaged with some "Vernet thimbles" 

No comments: