Blog Archive

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Turbo Tube- Making something new out of something old.


This is one of my magic effects that I created a few months ago 2012,
I was playing with the "- - - - - - Tube" (I put lines in the word to protect any non-magicians that may be surfing this blog) I always thought it a was a visual effect.
It's the effect where you put a silk handkerchief into a tube and it magically changes color. Simple effect and very visual.  One day while playing around with it I started to think of ways to make it different. I stated hooking up different mechanisms to it.

Finally after some time I found the right material to do the job. What did I change you ask? well I came up with a way to make the silk handkerchief fly out. So instead of just pulling out the handkerchief that just magically changed color, it now flies out of the tube. a INSTANT, VISUAL effect. You can even add confetti to the silk handkerchief so when it shoots confetti slowly falls with the handkerchief.
Their is other applications you can use. Such as making a snowstorm effect. You can take a paper napkin, make a snowflake out of it. Put the paper napkin into the tube. Next make a magic wave and the paper snowflake turns into snow falling down. It's a beautiful effect. You can also use the Turbo Tube to transform different colored handkerchiefs a birthday silk or Christmas silk. It's a great way to finish a show.The shy is the limit.

Why did I invent this effect?
I wanted to challenge my imagination and creativity and see if i could come up with a new, fresh version of the effect. I think it's a great way to take old effects and bring them to life. I'm sure their are all kinds of different effects that we can give a breath of fresh air to.
The other thing that I really like about the "Turbo Tube" is that you don't need any co2 cartridge to make the handkerchief or confetti shoot out. This is awesome because you don't have to worry about the extra added expense of having to replacing cartridges. 

You can purchase "Turbo Tube" at my website Imaginator Magic  or you can purchase at you favorite participating magic shop.

Here is a brief description of "Turbo Tube" 
"Use Turbo Tube to vanish, restore, reappear, color change,make confetti burst high into the air and more. The Imagination is up to you! The Turbo Tube is a great utility prop that you will use in every show!"

Features and Benefits
  1. No co2 cartridges required
  2. Just load the silk and release on your command.
  3. Can shoot up to 6 feet in the air.
  4. Use up to one 12' inch silk.
  5. Use in a snowstorm routine. Can be loaded with "Snowstorm of China" snowstorm.
  6. Make a silk burst into Confetti/Streamer
  7. Use as a color change or silk appearance.

No comments: