Blog Archive

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Magic wand gets named after the Imaginator


I've been trying to take a facebook vacation, but today I received a surprise in the mail. What was it? A magic wand, but not no ordinary magic wand. It is a customized, handcrafted magic wand that my friend Obtuse made. About a year ago I saw a photo Obtuse posted here on facebook. It was a photo of a beautiful wooden magic wand. I private messaged Obtuse Magic asking if he was selling these wands and he told me he was just making them for fun. I was really impressed with his craftsmanship on his wand and I was persistent at telling him that he should sell these. I guess it was my support, inspiration, persistence and believing in him that pushed Obtuse to go for his dream.

He told me that his first wand will be dedicated to me and it will be named after me. The "Imaginator" the wand will be called "Imagine" I really love this wand. It's classy and it handles very nice. Almost too nice for me to use in magic. The wand is made out of Oak and Obtuse even asked me what kind of stain I wanted. I think it was called Sangria. I think the thing that gives Obtuse his niche with this wonderful, awesome wand is that they are made to order. You can even pick the stain color. I feel very honored that he was inspired by me so much that he named a wand after me. How cool is that!
You can purchase one of Obtuse's wands at Obtusemagic.com

After thinking about this a little bit. I started thinking how many of us have gifts and talents that we don't use. We think about them and we talk about how we are one day going to pursue or dreams. Those thoughts usually end up as "I'm going to do that one day" that one day usually ends up as days, months and years. Sadly! they never pursue their dreams. They are just always on the backburner and eventually the dream itself gets burnt. In many of my videos where I talk about Imagination and Creativity. I talk about how we should use or gift and talents to inspire other to inspire others. It's a chain reaction. I think it's our obligation to be supportive of family and friends and embrace their gift because if you don't. it could be something GREAT that you or them are passing up. "live to INSPIRE so that you may INSPIRE others to INSPIRE"
-Imaginator-

No comments: