Blog Archive

Saturday, March 21, 2015

McBride Mystery School. Gets A+


Okay, I love Vegas, but I really miss my wife and my son. I can't wait to come home and give them both a kiss and a hug. On my off times of magic mystery school, I've been reading and in deep though of where I want to take my art. The most important thing is family. They come first, my love for magic second. I have learned so much at the Mystery School that I attended.


When I first entered the school. I knew immediately it was magic before I even entered the school. The door alone is magical. As I walk into the school I'm overwhelmed with incense burning, candles flickering, magic books galore and magic props scattered throughout.

 I was greeted by the teachers that are know to be the best in the world. I met people in my class from all over the world. One man from Germany, He told a story of his recent service in the military. He experienced  a solider, his friend right next to him get shot and killed. It was a eye jerking moment as the whole class learned each of our stories on a personal level. Here is this young magician, a soldier, here at the Mystery School going for his dream after all of that.

At this school we all had something in common. The love of magic and being able to take our gift and make it into a more meaningful art where we can hopefully use our gift to move and inspire others. I feel like a different person.


In Las Vegas things can literally be a life of deception. As I was walking through the strip. I was overwhelmed by how many homeless people were on the streets begging for money, people handing out business cards of woman on them saying "Would like  a woman for tonight" I decline the offer and as I'm walking past I say "No! I'm too expensive"


I'm really thankful that being in the heart of SIN CITY that I'm sharp and have a clear head. With that being said. There are people that can be very successful here in Las Vegas and not fall into the trap of deception.

The second day of class we went to the Underground and I was luck enough to be asked to perform close up magic before the main show started. I performed my butterfly in a BOX effect right there only feet away. I got such a great response from everything I did.
 

Jeff opened up the Wonderground as Clyde McBride, a St Patricks Day themed character. It was a awesome show. The great Cody Clark did some wonderful close up magic and got rave reviews.


Overall my experience for the Jeff McBride Mystery School has been nothing, but a moving and positive experience. It's not all about learning as much magic and getting as much magic as you can. It's about finding your soul and finding out who you really are. Some magicians really don't know what the schools is all about and some people get wrong or misconstrued information on things that people don't even know what they are talking. Fir those that want to raise the bar of their performance and make your art life changing. I highly recommend the McBride Mystery School. The teachers, McBride, Tobias, Larry and Eugen all get a A+. Way to go! You can't appreciate what the school is all about unless you experience it yourself. When you join the clouds will part, the sun will shine through. Just like it will help you shine though and your eyes will open to a new kind of magic. THE MAGIC OF GIVING!
-Mark Presley-
AKA- Imaginator

No comments: