Blog Archive

Saturday, January 14, 2012

THE IMAGINATOR CHICAGO THANKSGIVING PARADE

THE IMAGINATOR #1
Welcome to the IMAGINATOR group. I created the IMAGINATOR back on October 31st 2010. At that time the IMAGINATOR was called "Lego Magic Man," but have since changed the name to make it more universal. I had a blast at the McDonald's Chicago Thanksgiving parade. After about a year of revamping the costume I was ready to give it a whirl. The Family and I left Wednesday afternoon to get a early start the day before the parade.   Since the costume is both bulky and time consuming to suit up in I thought I would suit up another way by treating the family to "SpringHill suits' owned by Marriott Hotel's. What great fun we had swimming then eating at Dos Diablos on Hubbard St. I had a late night making last minute repairs to the IMAGINATOR suit. Some wiring came undone and I started to feel a little  uptight. With only a few hours till the parade I decided to get in a few hours of nighttime sleep. It felt like I only got a few hours sleep when I finally decided to get up and start suiting up. My wife, Tracey, did a excellent job making last minute repairs.    I almost decided to leave the wings that said "Don’t Bully" on them at the hotel, because I was getting unconfident feelings about the IMAGINATOR and the positive "Anti Bullying" campaign. Tracey was persistent that I bring the wings since I spent so much money and time on them. Thank God she was, because what I was about to experience was an overwhelming welcome as I was in the middle of State Street and the IMAGINATOR slowly spread his wings to reveal the "Anti Bulling" message. After that it was a photo paparazzi frenzy as adults as well as kids came over to take some photos.   It was at that time that I new I had something special. A superhero to bring not only IMAGINATION, creativity, positive messages, but also HOPE. Please walk with me on my journey and be a kid again. My success also depends on your sharing and support of my pictures, videos, website and blogs. If you feel it is something cool that you like, please feel free to like and share and spread the IMAGINATOR larger then life mission. "to promote IMAGINATION, creativity, positive messages, respect and HOPE to All.

No comments: