Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Social Network Breakdown


Well it's been several weeks now since I posted on facebook to let the world know what kind of underwear I'm wearing. Or "Gee I burnt my toast! well I guess I'll have to got to Denny's now." 




 Or "Today I was on ebay still, after 10 years looking for the last batch of parachute pants. You know those things from the 80's. I guess today I'm in a more comical mood. Today I guess I'm dressing down the Imaginator.


One of the things that contributed to going into the "Imaginator Underground" is that I guess I felt like I was getting caught up in all the aspects of social networking. The feel and urge to always want to tell the world what I'm doing. We all have a emptiness, a void in us which gives us the desire to always feel the need to get approved, to make people like us, to show how great we are...... AND WE ARE ALL GREAT!
We join/create groups fan pages to support one another. We post, comment share our thoughts on religion and political views. 

Stepping away from the social network has been quite, lonely, but at the same time liberating. I find it easier and less stressful. I come here to IMAGINE! to THINK and REST. 



If you're a magician that  feels lost and can't quite figure out you're style and niche. Maybe you need to just step away. If you're a drummer, drum. If you like art. Go do art. Be yourself and have fun. Go CRAZY, LET LOOSE, LIGHTEN UP! IMAGINE YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING GREAT! Let down you're GUARD! Listen to music or watch a video. 


  


When we step away and use other art forms they will help stimulate our brain and put it in a even larger state of creativeness and imagination.



Hey! I may now be playing with the big boys, but I know how to tune in to IMAGINATION. 

TRY THIS!
Sit down. Close your eyes. Take a breath and reflect back to your childhood. Think and reflect back to your happiest time. The time when you had no stress. No bills or mortgage. No facebook. LOL Try to tap into that little person you once were. The world needs you. We are all to conditioned not to have fun and tap into our inner child. Our best friend. Just like the movie  "Peter Pan" where Peter discovers his magic.





By the way if  a certain somebody  could please pass this message onto the "USSS" "Underground Secret Society of Magicians" maybe try to pull a few strings. We need more magic on TV.  We need a new Gary Ouellet. I know he can't be replaced. God bless his soul. 
Gary Ouellet
 
The world need more magic on tv. A message to kids. A message to kids about how technology is robbing their CREATIVITY and IMAGINATION. 
You ever notice that when you walk people don't even look up or say hi or even acknowledge YOU?
Unless your one of those people you might not even realize it then. The most frustrating thing to me? TEXTING and DRIVING . It's sad that people have to constantly feel like they have to be attached and communicating every living breath, every second of what they are doing to others while causing great harm and potential death to other drivers.


Maybe we should start incorporating into our shows the "Social Meltdown of IMAGINATION and CREATIVITY" that is contributed to constant "Pre-occupied - in your face TECHNOLOGY!"

PLEASE! PLEASE HELP! ..... I'm just the ImaGinator! I'm just some guy with a blog trying to do something. Not quite sure what. You guys have the PULL and know how.   



 Changing gears here a little.  I'm not totally anti social network. I think networking is great so long as it doesn't take over ones life. Speaking of social networks I would like to give a shout out to the"Magician Village" If you're a magician and haven't heard about it you can join the group on facebook. There is simply too much information to go over for you. You will have to check it out yourself. The moderators have done a great job with keeping it active, respectful and clean. 

You will have to provide a little information to prove you're a magician. There is also a small fee, but it's well worth the investment. The have loads of information as well as very friendly and helpful magicians. It's almost like having a Tarbel set.  That's it! once approved and you pay the fee you will have access to a wealth of magical knowledge. Click here for more info:





I encourage you to extend your hand and pull back your inner missing child. He/She misses you.
I wish you all very well.
-ImaGinator-


No comments: