Blog Archive

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Technic 1200s Records Skip

 This is a tutorial for the Dj's that still work with their Technic 1200 turntables. After being out the DJ business for twenty years I decided to give these old work horses a whirl. I got the turntables hooked up and everything seemed fine. I started mixing some records and realized that one of the record was skipping.  I thought maybe it was just the stylus so I went and replace it. Still! the record skipped. I went to youtube and looked up some videos on  "Technic 1200s Records skip" and I found some great videos. One video was talking about how the controls can sometimes cause skipping if they aren't balanced or adjusted right.  Especially the anti skate. 


After watching the video I went and tried some of the suggestions. Still Nothing! 
I went back to faithful youtube and stumbled across a video tutorial on "How to replace a toner arm"


Basically the video was how to replace a toner arm after all other avenues are exhausted. Relacing a toner arm can be time consuming and very costly to replace. I went back to the turntables to attempt the pain staking job of replacing the toner arm when suddenly I discovered something. It saved me tones of money and time. I would like to share this with you. 
So "Don't Replace Your Technics SL 1200 Toner Arm Just Yet!" there may be hope! Good luck! I hope this video helps you.

WATCH VIDEO HERE!       


No comments: