Blog Archive

Monday, March 25, 2013

Magic Inventors Just Pump Out MAGIC?

I feel deeply flattered. A magician who makes hand made magic wands named a wand after my Imaginator character because he says he has inspired him. The wand is called "Imagine" Pretty cool. 
It's nice to know that my character in inspiring others. The maker of the hand made wands is Owen James Oldaker also known as Obtuse Mage. 

You can like his page on facebook here. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Obtuse-Magic/102746706460563




One day I saw him post his wands and I thought the were beautiful so I contacted James and told him he should sell them. He was probably just as flattered as I was when I found out he was naming a wand after me. The same thing happened a few months ago when  a magic friend, Brennan Pimpinella posted a sign he made on face book called "Show Sign" available at participating magic shops.

I liked it and posted a comment telling him he should sell them. He quickly responded by saying "How!" well since I already new a few people from "Murphy's Magic" 

and my "Butterfly in a Box" was such a great success. I started thinking. Maybe there is other magicians out there like me who just need that one lucky break. Just that lucky someone who took the time to see your talent and give you a chance. Like me I had doors slammed and just when I thought "Well! I guess I'm going to have to figure out how the heck to market this and sell it myself" Murphy's comes along.  One of the most HUGEST MOST AWESOME MAGIC DISTRIBUTORS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. They gave me a chance and I will never forget that. I wanted to start helping other magicians out there  get there product out there and inspire them. I wanted them to get that feeling I got. That felling of "I made it! I accomplished something!" 


When I contacted James about his magic wands he was so excited and he ideas started to expand. I contacted Murphy's and Patrick loved them. It's not totally a done deal, but they seem to have a pretty together team over there. I will keep you posted on any updates. 

Several weeks ago I also hooked Steve Hart (www.magic2motivate.com) with his "Burnt Shoe" trick as well as his other creative ideas to Murphy's Magic.

 

I'm really enjoying helping other magicians out there. I think that when you create a magic effect that it is a special gift that should be shared and not forgotten. I talk about this quite a bit in my blogs where I don't hear enough of magicians talking about there inspirations of there effect they created. 
I really thing they are putting there gift down when all they care about is pumping out the next trick.
Which, Believe Me! is a great gift to be able to create one effect after another, but at the same time I think magic effects need to be talked about so that we can give inspiration and hope to other inspiring magicians.


 
http://www.pjstrickshop.com/
http://www.magicinc.net

I hear often from magicians and especially magic forums about magicians complaining about how "That's all magicians, magic shops and distributors do is pump out magic. LET MNE TELL YOU SOMETHING! I've learned a few things in the short amount of time with Murphy's. It's those magicians, magic shops and distributors that are keeping the magic ALIVE!
In order to keep the industry ALIVE  FRESH and NEW! they need to constantly have new magic, effects and novelty. It's the ideas of magicians that keep the magic internet sites and brick and mortar places in business. 

THINK ABOUT IT! if magic shops either mortar or online decided to just sell what's in stock at there shop and no longer purchase new magic. They would probably not last long. So we owe it to all the wonderful inventors of magic such as Alan Rorrison, Steve Valatine, Danny Orleans, Justin Miller, Paul Harris....the list goes on.

I'm going to do my best to make sure I give my support to the magic community.

Just last week I helped another magician out with getting his product sold at Murphy's Magic.
Marsahll Brodien Jr. the son of the popular Marshall Brodien who sold the TV Magic Cards.
Murphy's Magic will now be carrying them. 
Well all I can say is you get what you put into life and if you try to be the best you can. Reach, help and support your magic peers it will come around and back to you, but most important your heart should be in the right place and not do this just to get something back or out of it. You should do it because it's the right thing to do. 
-Imaginator-
 
Please comment your thought on your opinions of magic inventors and the challenge we face with keeping magic shops, online and mortar alive. 

 

No comments: