Blog Archive

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Producing product magic trailers for other magicians.

I was recently contacted by my good friend, Steve Hart to see if I would be interested making a magic video demo for his product he will be selling called "coal to Diamond" I thought this would be a new exciting venture for me so of course I said yes. Since I already have made several video trailers for my "Butterfly in a BOX," amongst other videos I have made I thought this would be something right







up my alley. Steve sent me his product in the mail to me that he will be selling. When I received his magic effect it was now time to put my magic thinking cap on. So off to my studio I went where I practiced the effect for hours and even came up with a script and story line. I think the thing that is most important to me is having artistic creative FREEDOM!

without that It's hard for me to give my full creative potential. I think though for any future magic trailers that magicians may approach me on that I will have to adapt to what they want and not what I want.I think it's important to give deliver what the customer wants, but if they give me the go ahead to have artistic, creative freedom. LOOK OUT!





To me a product magic trailer is just as important as the magic effect itself. With my "Coal of Diamond" trailer demoing I wanted to stay as true as I can to the effect.I don't use any cutaways, fades, transfers to hide anything. To me when I see magic products where they use those effects it makes me wonder. I remember when I made my first "Butterfly in a BOX" trailer I had a scene where it was blurry. Some magicians watching the video thought I was trying to hide something which just wasn't the case. the camera shot just happened to be slightly out of focus.








I now try to pay close attention to all those little subtle things in my videos. I had a real blast making the video and my wife Tracey always does a superb job with filming. When Steve told me about his "Coal to Diamond" I was excited to come up with a script for the effect.

I'm foreseeing in the future of getting more into consulting, producing and marketing other magicians magic effect products. It's funny how things work out. A little more then a year ago I was oblivious about my ability to invent and create magic. I have a few more magic products coming out in less then a year and I'm sure the magic community will appreciate it. My number one thing that I think about often is "Will the magic community like it?" I don't want to just throw a product out there just to make a profit. So unless I think it has value I won't put it out on the market. You will see in my video tutorials that I talk about the effect I'm teaching in great detail. I do this so magicians know that I've done my homework and that I take what I do seriously.



Thanks again to the one company that gave me a shot and opened the doors to creating, imagining and believing "YOU CAN" I salute you "Murphy's Magic"

As always thanks for stopping by and following my work.

And now here is the video trailers that I scripted, edited, demoed and produced.







No comments: