Blog Archive

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Captivate Your Crowd

 lately I have been studying several topics such as how to connect with your audience as well as captivating your audience. This is an art form alone. Our magic I really think is secondary. I've put hours and hours of practice time into my thimble magic only to realize that what seems to really be important is being able to connect with your audience. Too me that is the magical part.

I found some video that I would like to share with you. Some of these videos I'm implementing in my show so that my show will get better and better. There is always room for improvement as well as growth. Our art is a continuous learning experience. 
Everybody wants to be a perfect magician.  We don't want to make mistakes because it makes us look vulnerable, but what if we are able to work with those mistakes.

I think there is a lot to say about making mistakes. It can make people actually feel like there is something in common with you. You're not perfect, but being able to work with challenges on stage can actually be inspiring.

Not too long ago I was doing a show and was opening up the show with a effect I invented called
"Room Service" It an effect where I magically make a full glass of wine appear. next I make a candle appear, than a rose and last a bundle of grapes. All went good until I went to perform the  final kicker. After I made all of the objects appear. I placed the objects on a tray, picked up the tray and walked to the front if the stage where I would make a bouquet of flowers appear. When the flowers appeared, the tray jerked making the glass of wine fall and break to the floor.

Here is my "Room Service" product trailer for those that aren't familiar with it. 
You can purchase "Room Service"  at my website. http://imaginatormagic.com/IMAGINATORMAGIC/Room_Service.html


It was an embarrassing moment, but I kept my cool and thought fast.
I simply looked at the broken glass and said "Clean up in aisle 3"
I received a nice laugh and I was able to move on with my show and make it a great success.


I hope some of these videos will help you.



This video can be applied to magic. Not just public speaking. Come out on  stage with 
a fast impressive effect.

Making your entrance memorable

No comments: