Blog Archive

Monday, January 5, 2015

The Magic Of Mark Presley - Two Distinctive Styles


This is video footage of  a show I performed at called "Indy Magic Monthly" produced by Taylor Martin. Taylor saw my thimble manipulation act. He loved my thimble work and contacted me to be on his "IMM" show that is in Indianapolis. So Magician Mark Presley all the way from Chicago, Il packed up his gear and headed to Indianapolis.

I was lucky enough to stay in hos luxury guest house that was so inviting and warm. I arrived a day before the show and so Taylor and I hung out and chatted about magic. Taylor told me that quite a bit of magic stars have slept in the very same guest room as I.

Taylor was also recently featured on MUM. December 2014 issue. Way to go Taylor. The artwork was designed by Obtuse Design



I was really excited to be performing at the "IMM" For the past 10 years I've been working on some really unique thimble manipulation moves that even Jeff McBride was impressed by. Maybe that's because most of my inspiration domes from Master Jeff as well as Shoot Ogawa and Joe Mogar.
In fact I've become a student of Jeff McBride and in a skype session he told me that he sees me making a instructional thimble manipulation dvd. I've been thinking of this for awhile, but that just reinforced my future plan.

I've entered my thimble manipulation routine in a few contests. I have placed a few times in contests and others not so good. In the past four months I've been performing at open mic's and between the open mic's and Jeff helping me out I feel like I've improved a great deal in just a short amount of time.

The NerdGician

I had received  nothing but positive vibes comments and reviews regarding my show at "IMM"
In the show I performed two very and different routines and characters. One was the NerdGician which is kind of my alter ego where I am able to just let loose, relax and have fun. The other character is Mark Presley playing the part of a master seamstress.


Overall I was very happy with my performance and even got asked back by Taylor Martin. If you're a magician and you would be interested in performing at "IMM" Please contact Taylor Martin

Here is a testimonial from Tom Winterrowd, a  magician who attended the show "IMM"


Indianapolis, Indiana, Dec. 2, 2014, "Mark Presley"


Two acts
       "Two distinctive styles, both unique well paced entertainment."

       "Mark has a stage presence that truly says, I'm in charge."

       "The MAGIC is in the manner in which Mark presents it for your entertainment."


Mark,
          It's a pleasure to recommend a performer  with your talent. I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again. And I'm sure I will, you are on your way young man.


 Tom Winterrowd

No comments: