Blog Archive

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Making inventions out of TRASH!

 I really think it's amazing how people can come up with creative ways to invent things with simple everyday objects. Recreating a purpose or new idea is where the magic lies. I remember as a kid. I had to learn to be creative on my own. In my time era as a child. I didn't have computers, electronic games, internet and social media where the imagination and creativity was actually in the electronic devices, not my brain.. I believe this is what helped me develop my creativity. It wasn't till much latter in life that I discovered my full potential of actually creating and developing magic inventions to sell to the magic community. www.imaginatormagic.com

When I was a kid and I was bored. I would find myself looking around the neighborhood and trying to find whatever I could to pr-occupy my mind and take myself to another place. One day I found a shopping cart. I stripped the frame and made a go-kart out of it. My friends and I would take turns pushing each other in it. It was a great way to pass time.

On another occasion, I found a empty refrigerator box. My friend and I would cut out windows in the box and pretend we were in a spaceship. Some of the best times were simply using whatever we could find around us and use it in a world of inventing and make believe.

I often wonder how the youth today is able to tap into their creativity. Do they take their creativity for granted? is the age of electronics and social media making a distraction where they can't or don't even know how to tap into their creativity?

Or have they evolved way pass the go-karts and cardboard boxes?
In the age of youtube,  magic and young kids not having any clue about being loyal to the art of magic secrets. I wonder where does our art lie? What kind of future does magic have? Thousands of years from now will the advanced people be looking and laughing at us and saying "They used to do what?" Will it come to one day future archaeologists digging up lost states and countries and finding TT, cups & balls and chop cups and trying to make sense with our ancestors who have primitive drawings that were drawn on slate? Will all the books, dvd and vhs make it through to the future?

Will magic survive? as long as we have IMAGINATION! Our ability to create and invent will continue to grow and become more advanced then ever, but in order to do so I think we also have to think simple and "Out of the BOX"
-Imaginator-



No comments: